Directory of services
The Library maintains a number of computers for public use.
Internet usage is free and does not require advance registration. Please ask for assistance at the Circulation or Reference Desk if a terminal is not available upon arrival. Priority is given to those doing research.
Database research is free and efficient. The library maintains a wide variety of popular databases tailored to local needs for report research, investments, taxes, health, and law. These terminals are located in the Reference area on the second floor.
Word processing programs are available in standard Office formats. Files may be created and stored on disks and jump drives; retrieved from disks and jump drives; and/or printed. Library staff is not able to instruct newcomers in the complex use of these programs.
Wifi is available throughout the library on an open network.
Printing is available in both color and black and white.
Be aware that there is a $5 limit at a time at the printer. If you have more to print than $5 worth you can split it into multiple jobs to accommodate the printer.
- Black & White: $0.15 per page
- Color: $0.50 per page
The library hosts weekly conversation classes with Eileen Sinett in the Community Room on the first floor.
They are free and no reservations are required.
Perfect for adults who know the grammar but just want to use it!
The PALS (Plainsboro American Language Social) Club meets on first and third Thursday at 6:30-8:15, in the 1st floor Community Room. We play language games, discuss differences between cultures and engage in group discussion. Make friends, and learn about American language and customs!
For ESL learners who are looking for a chance to practice their English. No registration required. If you are a native speaker who is interested in volunteering, please contact Joyce at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The library offers public fax service.
The price is $1.75 for the first page and $1 for each additional page.
The Library maintains meeting rooms which are available to non-profit organizations, community interest groups, boards and agencies of the library, Township, government and schools. Preference is given to local, non-profit, organizations, and educational endeavors. Application forms must be submitted for use of rooms, and fees may apply. Contact the library at 609-275-2897 with further questions.
The Plainsboro Public Library offers notary services to Plainsboro residents and those who work in Plainsboro. Proof of current residency is required.
- Notary Service is available Saturday & Sunday 10–4pm and Wednesday 4–8pm. Patrons must arrive at least 30 minutes prior to scheduled end time to ensure adequate time to process the paperwork.
- Notary service is provided on a first-come, first serve basis during the scheduled times.
- Valid photo identification is required of any patron seeking notary service.
- Notary service is limited to three documents per person per day.
- There will be a $2.00/per signature charge on each page including original documents and photocopy pages.
- The library will not provide witnesses and witnesses may not be solicited from patrons. In order to serve as a witness, the witness must know the person whose document is being notarized and must be in possession of valid photo identification.
- Foreign language documents cannot be notarized unless the notarial certificate itself is in English.
- New Jersey law requires that a notary and the patron seeking notarization be able to communicate directly with each other. Library notaries are not permitted to make use of a translator.
- Public documents that cannot be copied and notarized are birth certificates, death certificates and marriage certificates.
- Notary service is not available for deeds, real estate closings, wills, living wills & trusts, which require legal knowledge.
- In accordance with NJ notarial law, notaries will not provide service if the customer, document or circumstances raise any issue of authenticity, ambiguity, or doubt. The library notary may, at her sole discretion, decline to provide notary service.
- Documents must be complete and must be signed in the presence of the notary.
Proposed and adopted by the Library Board of Trustees: April 3, 2012
Revised and adopted on May 6, 2014
Revised and adopted December 6, 2016
Reference service is available whenever the library is open. We look forward to helping you in the library, on the phone or by email. Just ask! We can help you locate books and resources or guide you through more advanced, specialized queries. An exceptional array of online databases is available both in the library, and through this website.
Click here to review resources.
Some may require your library card number.
Our resources go far beyond the walls of Plainsboro Public Library. We are connected to larger reference referral networks and inter-library loan services. If we don’t have the materials or answers here, we’ll borrow them from/ or refer you to places that do!
The Quiet Study Room Policy is in place to insure fair and equitable Quiet Study Room access to members of the Plainsboro Community. By using a Quiet Study Room, you agree to follow this policy. The Plainsboro Public Library has 4 Quiet Study Rooms with a maximum capacity of four (4) persons per room. The Quiet Study Rooms are not intended for social gatherings, but rather are intended to provide a quiet area of study or similar work for individuals or small groups.
Tutors: please call 609-275-2898 for additional information.
Need a typewriter to complete that application? The Library has them for public use! How very retro!