The Childrens’ Page
June 24th, 2017 – September 4th, 2017
The Taco Shell Posting Challenge!
The challenge: To pack and post ONE (1) Taco shell in order to arrive safely at the Library by Thursday, August 3rd before noon. Those arriving in perfect condition, with no chips or cracks, will be eligible for the following judge’s awards:
- The Taco Shell in the smallest package (estimated cubic inches)
- The Taco Shell package weighing the least
- The Taco Shell mailed from the greatest distance away
- The Taco Shell in the most innovative packaging
- The Taco Shell in the most beautiful/artistic packaging
- Packages must be mailed through the United States Postal Service, WITHOUT “FRAGILE” designation (as your engineering prowess is being tested).
- Packages may NOT be mailed from the Plainsboro Post Office.
- Contestants may use any container or packaging material which is permitted by the USPS. Check their website for specifics, if in doubt: www.USPS.gov
- All packages should be clearly marked with the sender’s return address AND TELEPHONE NUMBER. Or you may clip the label below, complete your info, and glue to your package.
- Only one entry per person/team.
- Tacos cannot be placed in its original product packaging.
- Nothing can be inside of your Taco Shell. It must remain empty space.
- The Taco used must be an ORTEGA YELLOW CORN shell.
- The Grand Finale Taco Shell Posting Reveal will be August 4, 3 p.m. Contestants who cannot attend will still be eligible for awards and prizes.
- All entrants with an unbroken Taco Shell will receive an award
To: PLAINSBORO PUBLIC LIBRARY
Taco Shell Posting Challenge
9 Van Doren St
Plainsboro, NJ 08536
For children ages 6 and up!
Beginners and Intermediate Players Welcome!
SUMMER TIME: Saturdays 1030am-1130am
MIDDLE SCHOOL SCIENCE CIRCLE
2nd Friday of each Month, 3pm-445pm, 3rd Floor
MARCH: Science Circle will be meeting on the 3rd Friday, so March 17th at 3pm.
Click for more information