As 2018 comes to a close please consider donating to the Plainsboro Library Foundation’s Annual Appeal. Why does the Library need the Foundation? What does the Foundation fund? While municipal funds provide a strong base, private funds from the Foundation support many of the events and services that you value the most. For example in 2018 the Library Foundation funded:
- Science Center
- Two 3-D printers that let kids of all ages learn design skills and make amazing things from nothing but their imaginations (and some plastic filament.)
- 11 laptops that allow library staff to offer classes and workshops on 3-D design, coding, and web development.
- Annual Egg Drop competition, which for the 1st time included 3-D designed pieces! See the 2018 winners here!
- Summer Reading
- 6 weeks of special events such as the Philly Zoo on Wheels, Richard Rogers Puppet Theater, Maya Lin’s Bach 2 Rock, and Little Rhythms Pre-K Music Series to highlight a few.
- A Reading Challenge that encouraged kids and teens to read and beat the summer slump. In 2018 Over 1100 kids and teens participated and 800 completed the challenge to win their own book. In total over 17,000 books were read in Plainsboro this summer!
- Matching Funds for Grants
- In 2018 the library won a grant from the Middlesex County Office of Arts & Culture for our Community Fusion Concert Series. Over 260 residents attended 4 wonderful concerts. The Library was eligible to apply because the Foundation provided the matching funds.
The Plainsboro Library depends on private funds to create the Library that residents love! Allow us to continue to offer residents the events, classes, challenges, and tech that bring in over 800 residents each day. This is the perfect time to donate and know you are sustaining a highly valued community resource!
If you would like more information or discuss making a donation, please contact the Library Director, Maryann Ralph, email@example.com or 609-275- 2899.