As 2018 comes to a close please consider donating to the Plainsboro Library Foundation’s Annual Appeal. Why the Library needs the Foundation? What does the Foundation support? While municipal funds provide a strong base, private funds allow the library to shine! Private funds from the Foundation support many of the events and services that you value the most. For example in 2018 the Library Foundation funded:
- Science Center
- Two 3-D printers that let kids of all ages learn design skills and make amazing things from nothing but their imaginations (and some plastic filament.)
- 11 laptops that allow library staff to offer classes and workshops on 3-D design, coding, and web development.
- Annual Egg Drop competition, which for the 1st time included 3-D designed pieces! See the 2018 winners here!
- Summer Reading
- 6 weeks of special events such as the Philly Zoo on Wheels, Richard Rogers Puppet Theater, Maya Lin’s Bach 2 Rock, and Little Rhythms Pre-K Music Series to highlight a few.
- A Reading Challenge that encouraged kids and teens to read and beat the summer slump. In 2018 Over 1100 kids and teens participated and 800 completed the challenge to win their own book. In total over 17,000 books were read in Plainsboro this summer!
- Matching Funds for Grants
- In 2018 the library won a grant from the Middlesex County Office of Arts & Culture for our Community Fusion Concert Series. Over 260 residents attended 4 wonderful concerts. The Library was eligible to apply because the Foundation provided the matching funds.
The funds from the Plainsboro Library Foundation creates the Library that residents love! Donating to the Foundation’s Annual Appeal will allow us continue to offer access to events, clubs, equipment, and so much more throughout the year. This is the perfect time to become a library sustainer by donating!
If you would like more information or discuss making a donation, please contact the Library Director, Maryann Ralph, firstname.lastname@example.org or 609-275- 2899.