Children's Summer Reading
(June 23rd to September 3rd)
HOW TO TAKE PART
- Pick up a Summer Reading Program reading log from June 23rd to September 3rd.
- Parents set the pace of reading over the summer. You can choose tomeasure the number of chapters read,the time spent reading, or books read. Attending library events can count as a step on the Reading Log, if parents permit it.
For younger kids, parents can read to their children and track the books they have read. Consider joining our 1000 Books Before Kindergarten program!
- When you read the required amount,mark a step on the Reading Log!
- For every 5 steps you complete on your Reading Log, fill out the appropriate tickets and turn them in at the Summer Reading Desk in the Youth Services department on the 3rd floor of the library. Each ticket lets you enter into any of our Weekly Prize Drawings. When you reach 20 books, select a book from our prize shelf to take home. Every 5 books past the 20 mark lets you place an extra ticket in our Weekly Prize Drawings.
- Reading Rock Star Sign Contest: To get five extra entries in our Grand Prize Drawings, send us a new photo of yourself with your Reading Rock Star sign to PlainsboroSummerReads@gmail.com.
Don’t forget to fill out your tickets!